Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or to another website that recognizes that cookie due to a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone browser from a websites computer. This unique identifier is stored on your device’s hard drive. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain, the lifetime of the cookies, and a value, usually randomly generated unique number.
Cookies let you navigate between pages efficiently, noting your preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interest. Without cookies it would be difficult for a website to remember preferences for a future visit.
More information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
The cookies used on this website fall the following categories;
Category 1- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Category 2 – Performance Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All of the information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3 – Functionality Cookies
- These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make such as your user name, language or region you are in, and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these kinds of cookies on your device.
Category 4 – Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
- These cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the websites operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionally provided by the other organizations.
HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by the site, you can do this through your browser settings. Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact on the functionality of the site.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website, for example Google Analytics. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- The company collects information when you send us an enquiry by email
By sending us an enquiry or email message, you may be sending us personal information such as your name, address, email address and other associated information.
- The company collects information when you register on the site
By registering on the site, we will collect some basic details from you such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, together with non-mandatory details such as area of your property search.
- The company collect information when you call us using the telephone number displayed on the site
By calling us by telephone we can collect your telephone number, unless your number has been set to private by your telephone provider. If you wish to make your number private please contact your telephone provider for advice.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS ADVERTISING FEATURES
Google Analytics Advertising Features is a collection of features that allow us to serve relevant adverts to users based on interest, behavior and demographics.
Advertising features include;
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
Through these features, we enable Google Analytics to collect data about our web traffic via cookies and anonymous identifiers
To prevent data from being used by Google Analytics, download the Google Analytics opt out browser add-on here